An interest in photography came naturally to my family and me. I was born and raised in the mountains of Montana with beautiful scenery everwhere to capture on film. Composing an eye-catching photograph wasn't a difficult task. Skip ahead a few years. It wasn't until Brian and I welcomed two kids to our family that I realized what a role photography can play in the recording of family history and memories. When Brian and I made a difficult decision to move away from both of our families, I began keeping a web log with pictures and stories to help keep everyone updated about our family news. Wanting to do the best job I could at freezing each smile, tear, first step, bath, bottle... so our family could share those memories with us, I discovered a new kind of art: perfecting family portraits. My style of portraiture is perhaps a little less structured than others. I prefer the natural expressions: the frustrated face as much as the smiling face, the face covered in mud as much as the clean one. These are the expressions I see everyday in the faces of my family. Disappointed in get-'em-in/get-'em-out strip mall photographers that often produce posed and unnatural portraits, I began investing in my own studio equipment. I was determined to take better, more realistic pictures of my own kids. This turned into an opportunity to share my enjoyment of photography with other families. My style is a bit unique. You'll often catch me snapping pictures inbetween poses, before and after a photo shoot to get those candid, special moments, too.